1. The treated area must remain dry for at least 3 days (72 hours). The skin under the crust will become tight about 3 days after treatment - it is normal. Minimise movement to the area until the crust peels off.
2. After 3 days, you may take a short shower. It is okay for water contact with the treated area for short time periods ( no more than 2 minutes). Do not expose the crust directly under shower spray. No rubbing or contact with soap. No swimming, soaking or steaming. Do not allow the crust to get softened by moisture. After such water contact, use a cotton swab to gently press the crust to remove water and let air dry only
3. A dark crust or scab will form over the treated area and will peel off naturally in 14-25 days. Do not pick or pull off the crust prematurely. It may increase the risk of scarring and prolong recovery time. The crust can loosen at the edges from healing or movement. The crust edges become flaky but the rest is still well attached. A liquid bandage is recommended to keep them in place. The second option is a dry bandage (that can breathe). Please wear clothes that will not rub until the crust comes off.
4. In case of infection, use a cotton pad dampened with 2% hydrogen peroxide (available at pharmacies) to press gently to the treated area for sterilization, then apply antibiotic ointment such as Bacitracin (Bactraban) on the skin at the edge of the crust. If the infection still remains, contact your health care professional for oral anti-biotics.
5. After the crust peels off, the treated skin area will show a substantial redness perhaps raised which will remain on the skin and gradually return to normal in 3-6 months. Scar Repair cream will be recommended to speed up the healing process.
6. In case that itchiness develops in the treated area during skin recovery period, do not scratch the skin. You may tap the skin for relieving itchiness and apply an anti-itch ointment (available from pharmacy). Excessive scratching on the treated area during healing process might cuase scarring.
7. The second removal treatment can be performed again at the same area after the treated skin heals well ( usually after 2 1/2 months)